Evaluates, implements and administers Battelle's compensation policies and programs. Responsible for effective compensation services and consultation in support of assigned functional areas. Leads and/or participates on Compensation and HRIS projects. Researches, analyzes and identifies possible solutions and makes recommendations for complex Compensation programs.
1. Performs analysis and creates reports in a wide range of complex compensation areas including, but not limited to, market pay, responding to research proposals, premium pay, variable pay and projects.
2. Participates in internal and external salary surveys and analyzes results to make recommendations regarding adjustments to compensation programs and salary structures.
3. May develop and implement the salary structure and other compensation programs including, but not limited to, recognition and rewards, equal pay and variable pay.
4. Performs modeling and cost analysis to support projects and recommended changes to programs and ensures proper approval processes are followed.
5. Advises and consults with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and several levels of management and staff in compensation matters such as application of compensation policy, rewards and recognition programs, salary planning, market and equal pay adjustments, and other salary issues, such as hires, promotions and merit increases.
6. Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
7. Performs job evaluation of positions and application of existing classifications to individuals with respect to tasks to be performed, FLSA compliance, qualifications of employee, and company policy and budgetary limitations.
8. Administers compensation planning process and audits compensation plans for budget and policy compliance.
9. Reviews salary exceptions and special requests. Determines situations that may require additional management approvals and recommends appropriate actions.
10. Responds to requests for information from internal and external auditors.
11. Develops HR training, communications and materials assessing the needs of the teams.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, human resources management or a related field and 4 6 years of experience in compensation; or 2 4 years of experience with a master's degree in business administration, human resources, finance or a related field. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is desired. Must exhibit proficient knowledge of common compensation methodology and practices and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities…