Food & Fun in Virginia Beach, VA

An Imgur post about the conflation of gym culture and body shaming is going viral for all the right reasons. The post, shared by a frequent gym attendee,

Easy, kid-friendly Thanksgiving craft ideas and activities that are fun for the whole family

and no torment shall touch them
They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead;
and their passing away was thought an affliction
and their going forth from us, utter destruction.
But they are in peace.
For if before men, indeed, they be punished,
yet is their hope full of immortality;
chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed,
because God tried them
As gold in the furnace, he proved them,
and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself.
In…

It's difficult to be a profitable real estate investor. Learn 11 ways for upgrading your property, while being frugal landlord at the same time.

Rise up, be off to the potter’s house
there I will give you my message.
I went down to the potter’s house and there he was,
working at the wheel.
turned out badly in his hand,
he tried again,
Then the word of the LORD came to me:
Can I not do to you, house of Israel,
as this potter has done? says the LORD.
Indeed, like clay in the hand of the potter,
so are you in my hand, house of Israel.…

a man of strife and contention to all the land
I neither borrow nor lend,
yet all curse me.
they became my joy and the happiness of my heart,
Because I bore your name,
O LORD, God of hosts.
I did not sit celebrating
in the circle of merrymakers;
Under the weight of your hand I sat alone
because you filled me with indignation.
Why is my pain continuous,
my wound incurable, refusing to be healed?
You have indeed become for me a…

Nintendo is bringing back the NES — only a little smaller.
Today the company announced what it's calling the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. It looks just like a NES, only a...

Chesapeake is a city defined by its neighborhoods. Greenbrier, Western Branch, Deep Creek, South Norfolk, Great Bridge, Hickory - all of these areas are unique and the people who live there are a little fierce about it. I live in Hickory - the southernmost section of Chesapeake, about five minutes f

You pump, lift, push, pull and sweat, but you’re just not seeing the results from your workout that you’d like. The problem may not be your workout -- it could be your diet. “Most experts say that diet is approximately 70 percent of the weight-loss equation and exercise is the other 30 percent,” says Amy Goodson, M.S., RD,...

Rising rents, low interest rates and strong expected home value growth make buying a home instead of renting it an increasingly attractive financial option for those who can afford to do so.

One of the world's fastest growing cruise lines is steadily building its presence in North America, and wants to make sure U.S. consumers know they can tak

With James Corden hosting the Tony Awards, he calls on Lin-Manuel Miranda, Audra McDonald, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Jane Krakowski to get him through New Yor...

Rental houses are still available in the Hamptons. You may even be able to get a deal.

A new condo in Brooklyn aims to blend the space and character of the area’s townhouses with the amenities of a residential tower.

Because there is no polite way to ask a mite to sit still for its portrait, Gary Bauchan often gives his tiny subjects a shot …

“Architecture starts when you carefully put two bricks together. There it begins.” Mies van der Rohe may well have been talking about masonry made from clay,...

By Jayne Jang Belz
Share on
Fitness professionals may seem like super humans who never struggle with making healthy diet choices, showing up for workouts or pulling off that unforgiving outfit. But … surprise! They're just like us! They're busy professionals, wives, moms, friends and community members who have lives—beyond the gym and produce section
Fitness professionals are able to stay on track because they arm…

If the new 1-minute workout sounds too good to be true, science concurs